4.20.2012

things I swear by: sally hansen airbrush legs

It has been a while since I did one of these posts, but not for the lack of products I love and can recommend. Rather, there is so much to share with you - but also to do as a working mom - that I simply did not have the time. But as the Gods of weather would have it, it is raining today in Montreal. Since I do not own a cute umbrella, and my hair has a nasty little habit of turning into weed on the rock when faced with excessive moisture, here it is - a new "things I swear" by post. 

Summer is just around the corner and the global warming has brought us unexpectedly high spring temps, thus allowing for bare leg outfits - which is great! Less great for me since the winter always makes me pasty white; I do not tan - I roast; and finally even if I do get a tan, I can't ever get my legs to tan evenly (leaving my calfs lighter than my thighs).

On a different (seemingly unrelated) note, pharmacies are a mine field for my household budget and bathroom space allocation. I go there and find myself craving all sorts of stuff: nail polish that gives your nails the look of the magnetic field, specialized creams that promise to un-wrinkle your knees and elbows, exfoliators vowing to awaken the baby skin underneath your 30-something year old skin, et cetera, und so weiter, i tako dalje.

Here is how these seemingly unrelated facts about me converge into something potentially useful to you, my dear readers. On yet another aimless expedition to the pharmacy where I must have been scouring for new nail polish, I noticed a product by Sally Hansen called Airbrush Legs. Packed in a spray bottle, it promised to rid me of my leg pasty-whiteness. I got it, but found that, unlike many other "miracle" products, this one actually delivered on its promise to airbrush my gams. Here is what it does (in a bullet point form):
  • it is a foundation for your legs (and arms if I might add) that:
  • comes in several different shades;
  • sprays on misty tinted liquid which spreads easily and evenly;
  • sets very quickly (never rubbing off even if you are sweating);
  • covers varicose veins;
  • gives your skin a velvety feel; and finally
  • a tanned-look without the sun damage.

Now, I don't know about you, but that to me spells a performing little product (check out the result in my previous post) sure not to be a waste of money or space in your product-crowded bathroom.


xoxo
DKMTL

P.S. Just in case you were wondering I thought I would put this disclaimer up front. I do not get any kick backs or receive free products from anyone. What I write about is what I have bought and tried. If ever I do get a product to review I hereby solemnly promise to let you know and to give you my honest opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I love this too, have been using it for a couple of years now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
Fashionable in Montreal by Danina Kapetanovic is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at fashionable-in-mtl.blogspot.com.