5.17.2012

all that glitters

I know I promised another dress post, but the weather was not cooperating. Instead I had to resort to Eskimo wear aka my furry collar Elizabeth and James blazer. The glitter girl that I am, I just couldn't resist pairing the blazer with this sequin skirt. The inspiration for today's outfit  is one of my favourite glamour girls and style icons, Taylor Tomasi Hill. 

Currently fashion director at Moda Operandi, Taylor Tomasi Hill has been around high fashion for  awhile having previously worked for Marie Claire and Teen Vogue magazines. Rumoured to be the muse to designer Prabal Gurung, she has become a style icon for her model-like body, flame red hair and distinctive clothing items, such as chunky necklaces and scarves. Taylor is a self-described "clothing chameleon", whose style is constantly evolving. She often mixes feminine pieces with boyish or edgier items.

She also secretly makes me want to dye my hair bright red. If I do, you'll be the first to notice ;-)

xoxo
DKMTL








skirt/jupe: Zara
blazer/veston: Elizabeth and James
blouse: Gap
necklace: Sisley
belt/ceinture: Mango
shoes/souliers: Michael by Michael Kors
bag/sac: Burberry
bracelets: BCBG, Tristan America


15 comments:

  1. Your outfit look so glamour my dear ... so chic!
    Kisses from Mentor! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure to get a comment from you Minnie! Thanks so much! xoxoD

      Delete
  2. Pretty as always! such a great outfit! very you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! What a great compliment. xoxoD

      Delete
  3. Love the glitter skirt!...and the lipstick color plays off well! Have a great day!

    http://danaslookbook.blogspot.com/

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dana! Hope the weather in LA is warmer than what we have here in the Great North. xoD

      Delete
  4. cute!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very nice...elegantly...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My God! Our style are completly different, but i like it so much - you do it so well!
    You should be on cover of Vogue!

    Your feature is up! Hope you like it!

    Ariane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Ariane pour ce beau hommage!!!! Au plaisir de te voir mercredi. xoxoDanina

      Delete
  7. Just found you from Ariane's post. Just gorgeous!! I will be checking in frequently for my inspiration. I love how you mix very ladylike pieces in a fresh, creative way.

    Love, Jean
    www.drossintogold.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jean! So glad to have you, I look forward to your feedback. xoxoDanina

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
Fashionable in Montreal by Danina Kapetanovic is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at fashionable-in-mtl.blogspot.com.