5.26.2012

candy peplum girl

Peplum - or the little skirt at the bottom of your top - has been all the rage this season. The claim is that it is universally flattering. But when it comes to hippy girls (as in girls with wide hips, not girls who don long skirt and flowers in their hair), the fashion experts put out a little disclaimer warning that peplum can have the opposite effect. Also, much caution has been issued on the perils of the horizontal stripe with the claim that it can make you appear shorter and wider. And yet, fashion daredevil  that I am, I have managed to pull out a clothing item that combines both these "perilous" characteristics. Does it deliver? You be the judge ;-)

xoxo
DKMTL





top/haut: Zata
capris: ASOS
belt/ceinture: Old navy
shoes/souliers: kate spade deb wedges
bag/sac: vintage
necklace/collier: J Crew

8 comments:

  1. I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you know how to make it work for your body type, peplum is an amazing choice I think. I mean, your outfit (and you btw) look great!

    Enjoy your day xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more. For me the waist has to be cut at the right place (sort of lowish) and the peplum itself can't be too short. Thanks for your lovely comment and have a great weekend! xoxoD

      Delete
  3. Hi Danina! Those pants sure fit you great! I've never ordered from Asos before and wonder about their sizing. I'm following!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joni! Thanks so much for stopping by and for following. I find ASOS sizing fairly true to size. These pants are a size 6 (which is the size I normally wear). xoxodanina

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
Fashionable in Montreal by Danina Kapetanovic is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at fashionable-in-mtl.blogspot.com.