5.06.2012

neon yellow pumps

I have been searching high and low for neon yellow pumps, but it seems that everyone has beaten me to it - they are sold out everywhere. I found really cool chunky sandals on Piperlime but they are on back order and won't be available for another couple of weeks.

I have tried every google search imaginable to no avail. Finally I stumbled on a DIY on Pinterest and tracked it down to this cool blog which shows you how to spray paint your shoes. Since I had a pair of patent leather black pumps laying around ready to be given away - I thought I would give it a try. Spray painting them was easy enough. Unfortunately, after wearing them for a bit, the paint started chipping and cracking. Now they have that crackle neon effect. I think the problem might be with spray painting the leather. Was worth a try anyway, I will just keep spray painting them until my other shoes arrive ;-)

xoxo
DKMTL






blazer/veston, jeans, t-shirt: zara
bag/sac: Louis Vuitton Speedy
shoes/soulier: Geox DIY
neon necklace/collier: Ann Taylor
pin/broche: Chanel

12 comments:

  1. Looking great dear ! Love your blog and style !
    Followed you and would love if you check my blog and follow back if you like :)

    http://nanooosh-fashioninmyeyes.blogspot.com

    LOVE XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shukran habibiti, I love your blog as well!

      Delete
  2. I have been on the same "hunt" as well......Aldo has a pair that's nice and I found a couple of cheapies on Amazon. But haven't made a decision yet! Hope you find a pair you like! Good try with the DIY!...

    http://danaslookbook.blogspot.com/

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana, I saw ALDO's as well but they don;t have them in my size. I was just told that if you glaze the shoes that will stop the chipping so will give that a try. xoxod

      Delete
  3. You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get your pin? Is it vintage? It gives that extra pizzazz to your outfit! Love the neon shoes!

    Emily
    http://partymixtape.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily. I got the pin on Ebay - great for scouring vintage jewellery otherwise unavailable or unaffordable.

      Delete
  5. They're not pumps but I saw these on Modcloth and thought of you!

    http://www.modcloth.com/shop/shoes-flats/day-and-nightlife-flat-in-yellow

    Kirsten (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will check them out. I ended up getting a pair of Pour la Victoire Mai wedges in bright lime (being shipped to me from the States as we speak). Thanks for thinking of me! xoD

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
Fashionable in Montreal by Danina Kapetanovic is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at fashionable-in-mtl.blogspot.com.