6.08.2012

don't tell my booker grand prix party

Last night I attended Don't Tell My Booker party which celebrated the beginning of the Canadian Grand Prix and also collected funds for Jewish General Hospital in Montreal. I was accompanied by the lovely Emily of Party Mix Tape who won the competition which I held last week for the occasion. The evening started with a bang with student protesters clashing with the police one street over.

The rest of it, however was slightly underwhelming what with the absence of free drinks and the astronomical price tags of those offered. But what we lacked in drinks, we had a plenty in joyful conversation. The fashion show (as is tradition) was fashionably late, but Tiger of Sweden didn't disappoint. The fashion show was kicked off with a touching performance by singer Ashley King accompanied by three ballet dancers.

Cinderellas that we are, Emily and I hurried out as soon as the show ended so that we could have some drinks and food in a nearby tavern. All in all a good time!

xoxo
DKMTL



dress: DVF
shoes: Givenchy
vest: Old Navy
pins: Chanel
bag: vintage
belt: oh la la
bracelets: BCBG, Simons, H&M, Banana Republic












10 comments:

  1. Danina, I had such a fun night last night! Your photos of the fashion show turned out great! Looking forward to seeing you soon,

    Emily xo
    http://partymixtape.blogspot.ca/

    P.S. I tried recreating that belt knot you taught me last night! It IS easy to do! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, me too. I am so happy that we met. You, my dear, are one fabulously awesome chicita and my favourite Montreal blogger! See you soon. xoxoD

      Delete
  2. Love the dress and the belt.
    Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a nice event...love your vest and the cute pair of Chanel pins.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    http://danaslookbook.blogspot.com/

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dana! Indeed we had a great time. And my Chanel pins among my most treasured accessories. A great weekend to you to! xoxoD

      Delete
  4. nice event! you look great in that dress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
Fashionable in Montreal by Danina Kapetanovic is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at fashionable-in-mtl.blogspot.com.